Sunday, February 22, 2015

"He promised her a new and better life, out in Arizona."

I have so much to say about this Sierra Club service trip to southern Arizona. It was hard work and also an amazing experience. But while I was away, we had what will likely be our worst week of winter. I'm not sorry to have missed the terrible weather, but before I catch up here, I need to catch up at home.
"She got a postcard with no return address, postmarked Tombstone. 
It said "I don't know where I'm goin' next but when I do I'll let you know." 
May, June, July, she wonders why she's still waiting, 
she'll keep waiting 'cause 

There is no Arizona, no painted desert, no Sedona. 
If there was a Grand Canyon, she could fill it up with the lies he's told her. 
But they don't exist, those dreams he sold her, 
she'll wake up and find there is no Arizona." (Jamie O'Neal)

No comments:

Post a Comment