Sunday, July 23, 2017

Have I mentioned that I can be pretty goal-focused?

Which is why when we returned from our trip to Tierra del Fuego in February, I announced to my husband that I had decided that I was naming 2017 "The Year of Financial Solvency." Because I know about myself that if I set a goal, I will pour myself into making it happen. So, I wrote out a list of seven financial goals I wanted us to meet by the end of the year (having to do with things like savings, debt, and mortgage).
I told my husband the night we got engaged that I am extraordinarily debt-averse. I don't like owing anyone for anything. It makes me anxious. I particularly freak out about credit card debt, because it drives me nuts to pay interest on a balance. And I told him I was going to make it my mission to make sure that we had no unnecessary debt. This weekend, we crossed the fourth goal off the list. We are now, except for our mortgage, entirely debt-free. My husband made a lobster dinner for us and we cracked open a bottle of prosecco to celebrate.
Three goals left on the list and if I know me, I have every confidence that they will be crossed off before the New Year rolls around.

No comments:

Post a Comment