Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Weekend drive.

This actually happened the weekend before chemo, but I didn't have time to post it. I'm still crippled up because of my foot, so we decided to take advantage of the beautiful weather and go for a little drive down some back roads.
I loved this weathered but taken-care-of log cabin. Not enough windows for me, though - I need light!
If I had a small farm, I'd really have to give serious consideration to getting a pony. How sweet is he?
Several of the churches we passed had old graveyards attached to them. If I'd been up for walking, I'd have gotten out to explore.
Sadly, the Who Cares God Cares Restaurant was not open for business. I so wanted to go in and order deviled eggs.
Instead, we settled -very happily- for a grilled cheese sandwich (Gruyère, Gouda and avocado ranch dressing on sourdough) with sweet potato fries and a couple of pints at a beer garden. The sandwich wasn't actually on the menu, but if you know to ask, they'll make it for you. I'm still in the phase of post-chemo where things taste disgusting to me, but I'm looking ahead to venturing out again as soon as that passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment