Saturday, October 24, 2020

Still not dead.

I just spend every minute possible up at the Ridge, either working on the land or helping my son. So much so that I'm waaaay behind on things I need to do at the house. So, a little update, then I truly am going to try to start posting a bit more frequently.

I still get nervous every time my son is up on the extension ladder or, worse, on the roof. I think he's careful, but he's still young and prone to doing things like stopping to check a text message.

The short ladder I'm a little more comfortable with. And I do enjoy helping in whatever way I can, even if it means lying on my back under the trailer holding a water tank up with my knees and forearms while my son bolts the hanger straps into place.

The tiny house is now encased in metal roofing and siding. It reminds me of a squared-off airstream trailer. Or like a house in Iceland, many of which are small and made of metal. My son hasn't yet put the cedar trim around the upper casement window in the sleeping loft because he wants to get the facia board in first.

At any rate, he's turned his attention to getting it insulated since cold weather is approaching. This involves tanks of frightening chemicals and what looks like Hazmat gear. I suggested the bags over his new work boots. 

I'm safely outside while he's doing the spray foam insulation. He's got enough on all the walls to stay reasonably warm and has moved in with a sleeping bag in the loft. He was welcome at our house but was eager to get back out on his own. 
And in the meantime, my husband and I continue to work on the trails. We carried the two wooden chairs from the front yard up to the East Ridge next to the tree we call our tree, and often stop there to sit and just soak in the serenity. The video quality isn't great, but you can get a sense of how peaceful it is up ther with no sound but the birds, the breeze, and the falling leaves.




No comments:

Post a Comment