Tuesday, May 17, 2022

Where does the time go?

I have been spending every spare minute working on either the house or the outside, when I'm not working at my job. I'm going to try to catch up here soon.

In the meantime, we got our final invoice from our builder. I'd been paying it one invoice at a time from proceeds from the house we sold, and money we were earning during the long build process. Unlike buying a house that's already built, we discovered you never really know how much a new house will cost until all is said and done. There were some unpleasant surprises (my God, who knew it cost so much to dig a well?!) and the usual pandemic cost over-runs and supply chain issues and we were both holding our breaths the whole time. It was a relief to send the last check off and know that we fully own the house now. We pulled out the bottle of Dom Perignon we bought a couple of years ago and my husband made us seared scallops, pasta, and roasted broccoli and cauliflower.  I am so very grateful for this house and land and that I am still here to enjoy it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment